Friday, May 23, 2014

Here it is Friday again.  It seems that the weeks go by so fast.  Summer has arrived and brought us super warm (hot) days to enjoy (or hide from). 

I went to a church in Georgia last evening to give a devotional to the ladies group.  I really enjoyed it and the ladies that were there.  I presented a short talk on a way we can pray the Word of God.  I have heard often that we should pray the scriptures and it recently has become clear what is meant by that.  I find it easiest to pray some of David's Psalms.  The three that were used were:

Psalm 139:23-24   Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:   And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 51:10   Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 19:14  Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.


It seems to me that the order of these verses is important.  We need to ask God to search our heart and thoughts to see if there any sin in our lives.  Then based on what He finds there to create a clean heart within us and renew our spirit so that it will be acceptable to Him.  Then as we go forth to each day we need to ask Him to help us to say the words and think the thoughts that are acceptable to Him.  Wrong thoughts lead to wrong words and actions.  We need to daily ask His help in these areas so that we will not hurt others and will be the kind of person that is acceptable to Him.

Here is a picture of the refrigerator magnets I made for the ladies to help remind them of the scriptures.



My card for this week uses a design from Ignacio Molina Gomez, an artist in Spain.


Hope your week is filled with the joy of the Lord..

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! The sentiment is very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The design is from Nicecrane Designs and I first saw it on the Christian Card Makers group on Facebook. It is a great group with lots of Christian card makers and encouragement.

      Delete