Friday, August 8, 2014

Our Unchanging God


During my devotions this week I again read the scripture in 2 Corinthians 1:9-10 where it says:

9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves,that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: 
10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

Paul was telling the Corinthians about the trouble he encountered in Asia.  How he was at a total loss as to how to spare his life and had no hope of escaping death.  The danger was so great that there was nothing he could do. There was no way of escape.  But he knew he could trust in God alone and depend on His almighty power.  The God that could raise the dead was also able to deliver him in this dire situation.

He could look back on what God had done in the past.  He could see what God was doing then and He could remember that God said, “For I am the LORD, I change not” (Malachi 3:6). 

Look what Paul says about God in verse 10:

1.  He delivered 

2.  He doth deliver 

3.  He will yet deliver 

God doesn’t change.  What He has done and is doing He will continue to do. He has delivered,
He is delivering and He will deliver.

What a promise to us when we feel like there is no way out of our problem.  When it seems there is no answer to our situation.  We can go to our unfailing God and know that He has, He is and He will!  What He promised in the past He still does.  He hasn’t quit.  He is not like people today that we think we can rely on, but when we really need them they aren’t there. 

Some of Jesus’ last words were “lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world”   (Matthew 28:20).

I am so thankful that no matter the situation, I know that He has, He is and He will!  He is our living, loving and unchanging God!

My card for the week:


In the coming week remember God is always with you and you can trust Him.



5 comments:

  1. Ah wonderful words full of great promise, Meryll... God indeed was, is and will be our Deliverer... praise His name..... just adore that card too... love Shaz in Oz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mehrll! First of all, thank you for your dear comments on my blogs - they have been an encouragement to me.

    And secondly, thank you for this timely post :) Your last few words, "He is our living, loving and unchanging God!" Amen! I am thankful for what you shared because it's just what I needed!

    Also, your card is lovely! My mom loves pink and black together so it reminds me of her :)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, thank you for this lovely devotion/bible study!, It is very encouraging !!
    Beautiful card too!
    xo
    Ginny M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great blessing to my life this morning .. thank u so much for being a great blessing to us .May God bless you more abundantly above what you ask or think in Jesus Name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete