Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Lord Knoweth

Every morning I read several chapters in my Chronological KJV Bible.  
I enjoy reading the Bible through using this Bible since it gives me a better feel 
for what happened when.  I can relate the prophets to the time period during 
which they prophesied.  It helps the Old Testament flow in chronological order 
and therefore I understand it better. I have been using it for several years.

One morning this week I was needing some encouragement and reassurance 
to help during a troubling time.  I looked in my regular Bible to take a look at 
Psalm 1 which several others had mentioned.  
When I looked at the last verse, these words jumped out at me, 
“The Lord knoweth”.  

Yes He does!  It was such an encouragement.  
I rejoiced and cried just knowing that the Lord of the universe, 
my Lord, knows the situation and knows what I need. 

As I started to close the Bible another verse that I have highlighted drew my attention.  
It was across on the opposite page, Job 42:10.  It says, 
“And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends…”  
Job’s friends had not supported him during his trial of loss and disease.  
They got together to come and mourn with him and comfort him, 
but after seven days of silence they became his accusers.  

Eliphaz said that if his heart was as righteousness as he (Job) boasted, 
he would not have been so suddenly cast down by adversity.
       
Bildad said that the heavy affliction proved that Job was under God’s wrath 
and that proves that Job was being punished for his sins.

Zophar was the most hard hearted of Job’s accusers and speaks without feeling or pity. 
In his arrogance he insinuates that God afflicted Job because of his iniquities and 
that he thought that God had inflicted less punishment upon him than he deserved.

Oh, what a lack of understanding and compassion, even cruelty, in talking with Job!  
Neither they, nor Job, knew what had taken place in heaven and that 
God knew He could trust Job through his losses and with this affliction.

Now skip to the end of the account.  God tells Job’s three “friends” to 
“go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; 
and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept.”

After all that they have done, after all they put Job through, after all the hurt, 
God wants Job to pray for them. 
Not a prayer of revenge, but a prayer for their forgiveness.   
After the false accusations of his friends,
their rejoicing in his affliction and their bitter speeches, 
God clears his character and he is to pray for them to prevent God’s wrath on them.

This is proof of the innocence and integrity of Job,  
to be able to sincerely pray for them that God will not bring His wrath on them.

I felt that God directed me to this verse (Job 42:10) because that is what 
He desires in the situation I am dealing with.  I wonder if I will be able to do that. 

Only with God’s help! 


Isn’t it wonderful how the two verses go together.   God knows what the situation is and 
He knows what I need to do.  God never requires us to do something that 
He will not provide a way to accomplish it.  I am trusting Him for strength to 
sincerely pray for those who have negatively touched my life and need God’s forgiveness.

Thank you dear friends for letting me share with you. 

I am entering the following card in the Word Art Wednesday challenge this week:






2 comments:

  1. Hullo dear sis Mehrll. What a blessing to come and read this today....
    How precious is God's Word His ways are past finding out. Have never heard of a chronological Bible I would be interested to check it out. Might see if you can get them here. I only read KJV too. Love Job and was interested to hear your evaluation of Job's so called comforters. Lv Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you, dear friend, for these wonderful words! Your post reminds me of the song, "He knoweth the way that I take, A new heart within He'll create...." I was greatly blessed.

    Have a wonderful week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete