Sunday, March 19, 2017

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes:
fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Proverbs 3:5-7


Trust - Confidence; a reliance or resting of the mind
on the integrity, veracity, justice, friendship or other
sound principle of another person.

Own understanding – As you see it

In all thy ways - This expression covers the whole area
of life’s action—all its acts and undertakings,
 its spiritual and secular sides, includng public and private

Acknowledge - To own, avow or admit to be true, by a declaration of assent;
as to acknowledge the being of a God. 
(Avow - To declare openly, with a view to justify, maintain or
defend; or simply to own, acknowledge or confess frankly)

  
I often used the story of the tight rope walker
in teaching children about trust.  This is it.

There was a tight rope walker who was putting on a show
where he would walk across a deep canyon. 
There was a big crowd that gathered to watch him.
Before he made his first walk across,
he asked the people if they believed
that he could make it across and back. 

Of course the crowd roared
that they believed that he could.

He stepped out on the rope and slowly
made his way across and back. 
When he stepped on the ground
the crowd roared in approval.

Then he showed them a bicycle without tires
and asked them if they believed
that he could ride the bicycle across and back. 

Again the crowd roared, "Yes, we believe you can."
As he made it safely across and back,
the crowd went wild with approval. 
They were convinced that he was able
to do anything they asked on the tight rope.

Then he asked the crowd,
"Do you believe that I can cross the canyon
carrying someone on my back and shoulders?"  

Again the crowd roared that they believed he could. 
When he asked for a volunteer the crowd went silent. 
No one trusted him enough
 that they were willing to take the risk.

He then responded to them,
"You don't really believe me or you would trust me."

If we really believe the Bible, God’s Word to us,
we would trust Him in all the circumstances of life.


I have been busy working on cards and here are a few samples:

  



Thanks to all my followers.  You are an encouragement to me.




4 comments:

  1. Love your 'lesson' thank you Marilyn. Tiyr cards are gorgeous too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sis, thanks so much for this post, I've seen tthe email which came in with it to my inbox to my non blogging friend.
    A great reminder that we need to put our trust solely in our LORD God. Praise Him, for His understanding
    Great cards too really love them, forget-me-nots is my favourite, I do love forget-me-nots.
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your cards mon amie! SO stylish, beautifully made, great colour combos, what a blessing! Thank you for a much needed lesson in trust, I really like the way you simply unfold the meaning and application of scripture. God has given you a special gifting. Thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful, Marilyn. I can't thank you enough for sharing your talents with us. Have a blessed week. Please know how much I appreciate you.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete