Thursday, May 3, 2018

TODAY IS THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER


My voice shalt thou hear in the morning,
O LORD;  in the morning
will I direct my prayer unto thee, 
and will look up.   
Psalm 5:3
Come to the morning-prayer;
Come, let us kneel and pray:
Prayer is the Christian pilgrim’s staff,
To walk with God all day.

At noon, beneath the Rock
Of Ages, rest and pray;
Sweet is that shelter from the heat,
When the sun smites by day.’

At evening, shut thy door;
Round the; home-altar pray;
And, finding there the house of God,
At Heaven’s gate close the day.

When midnight veils our eyes,
Oh, it is sweet to say,
I sleep, but my heart waketh, Lord,
With thee to watch and pray.

James Montgomery


The LORD is nigh unto all them
that call upon him, 
to all that call upon him in truth. 
Psalm 145:18 


Faith asks no signal from the skies,
To show that prayers accepted rise,
Our Priest is in His holy place,
And answers from the throne of grace.


Faith, mighty faith the promise sees,
And Looks to God alone;
Laughs at impossibilities,
And cries, It shall be done!


Charles Wesley




Can I have the things I pray for?
God knows best;
He is wiser than His children.
I can rest.


Pray without ceasing. 
1 Thessalonians 5:17 


1 comment:

  1. True and wise words, sis, such a comfort to know that our Father loves us, the Son intercedes for us, ever present at the throne of grace, and the Spirit guides us through each day as we seek God’s way alone.
    Truly prayer is but a breath away.
    Thanks dear sis, for always being an encouragement.
    Hugs Shaz. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete